Sunday, February 7, 2010

tonic-clonic seizures

I woke up Saturday morning in an ambulance.  Evidently, I had a really bad seizure in my sleep.  Therefore, I was taken to the hospital.  Less than 5 hours later, I had yet another seizure.  (With no history of seizures!)  I was in the hospital for 2 days, having an MRI, PET, and spinal tap done.  I was discharged with the primary diagnosis of clonic-tonic (grand-mal) seizures.  I can't smoke or drive for THREE TO SIX MONTHS.  When I live in Northglenn and go to school in Boulder this shall be quite the feat, but oh well.  Hopefully, I will be able to get an appointment in with a neurologist tomorrow and I can get an EEG done...

3 comments:

  1. oh noes! I hope you are ok Jeri? That is epilepsy, right? We'll talk in person, soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Jeri it sounds like you went through quite an ordeal. I really hope your feeling better and look forward to seeing more of your films!!
    ~John H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better Jeri! I have a friend who developed the same condition in college, so you're not alone, and he's fine by the way. Hang in there, I hope we see you soon.

    ReplyDelete