Tuesday, March 9, 2010

this too shall pass

Today, in watching Snider's film, I realized what I want my final project to start migrating towards what I've come to experience the last... year?  I was told yesterday all this information about the doubled chance of birth defects in a fetus whilst on anti-seizure medication.  While I will not be getting pregnant ANY time soon, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.  I'm going to incorporate "The Origin of Life" (birthing) film I bought off eBay last semester into this last piece.

In having those seizures I'm not supposed to drive.  I shouldn't be playing Rock Band.  I shouldn't be watching films with flicker in them, when, hello?! I'm in experimental film school.  And these are all things I LOVE to do.

Thank goodness this has only come to fruition in my last semester, or else I would've had to miss a lot.  Sorry for not being able to finish the "Backwards Birth of a Nation" today... I can stand to watch it as long as I look through my fingers and close my eyes a lot.

Drugs are BAD.
But here, take these.  For the next 2 years.
Even though they make you feel like SHIT.


on the bright side... you will not be disappointed with this video!
 OK GO - "This Too Shall Pass" (Rube Goldberg!)

1 comment:

  1. Thats a topic worth exploring!. sometimes on late night tv they have these insane ads for weird drugs and most of the soundtrack is a rapid fire litany of the warning side effects, meanwhile you're watching the happy smiling people, apparently *not dead from the drugs at all ...

    re: the video, I must assume you've seen the 30 min Fischli and Weiss video from 1987 The Way Things Go? Here's a CLIP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXrRC3pfLnE

    ReplyDelete